Smithdon High School - School Admissions Consultation
Schools and academies are required to consult on changes to their admissions arrangements that will apply for admission applications the following year.
There is also a requirement that schools and academies consult on their admission arrangements at least once every seven years.
Having reviewed our admission arrangements in line with the School Admissions Code 2014, there have been some minor changes to our admission criteria at Smithdon High School.
Additionally, Smithdon High School is proposing to decrease its PAN from 180 to 112 Year 7 pupils for the academic year starting September 2022.
The proposed changes in the draft admission arrangements can be viewed in full here.
We are inviting the following groups to make a response to the consultation:
- parents of children between the ages of two and eighteen;
- other persons in the relevant area who in the opinion of the admission authority have an interest in the proposals;
- all other admission authorities within the relevant area;
- whichever of the governing body and the local authority who are not the admission authority; and
- any adjoining neighbouring local authorities where the admission authority is the local authority.
If you wish to make a response to this consultation, please email
If you have any difficulties making a response please contact the school office direct.
The consultation will be open for a six week period from 16th November until 31st December 2020.