The Home School Agreement is our commitment to working in partnership with parents to ensure every student achieves their potential.
When joining Smithdon High School, the Headteacher or a member of the Senior Leadership team will meet each child with their family and discuss what working together looks like
All members of staff will:
- Promote the values of strength, integrity and excellence as well as the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
- Structure learning so that students can meet challenging targets in line with other students nationally.
- Provide parents with opportunities to engage with their children’s learning both on-line and in face to face meetings.
- Assess and mark students’ work regularly and provide opportunities for students to make progress from this.
- Listen to the views of parents and students.
As a parent I will:
- Make sure my child attends school every day in full school uniform with the appropriate equipment.
- Support the school in its application of the Behaviour Policy.
- Engage in my child’s education including attending parents’ evening and using the relevant on-line applications.
- Model to my children the importance of using social media responsibly and protecting the privacy of others.
As a student I will:
- Be prepared to engage in all learning opportunities.
- Step out of my comfort zone and learn from my mistakes.
- Respect the learning environment and the needs of others.
- Uphold the values of strength, integrity and excellence.
- Promote the school positively both on-line and in my appearance.